The Job Forecast for Engineers
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Careers in Engineering and other Jobs topics.
What is the job outlook for engineers?
The outlook for future engineer jobs is an overall positive one, although the long-term outcome varies depending on the area of specialty chosen. Five areas of focus stand out as the best bet for rapid industry growth.
- Biomedical engineers. Technological and medical advances will continue to make this field one of the highest growing areas in all of engineering.
- Chemical engineers. A diverse range of applications, including aerospace, automotive, biomedical, electronic, environmental, and military will keep demand for chemical engineers high.
- Civil engineers. As population continues to expand, cities, roadways, and all manner of structures in between will need to be retrofitted and, in many cases, rebuilt.
- Computer software engineers. Advances in computer technology will continue to keep software engineers well employed for the foreseeable future.
- Electrical engineers. The explosion of cheap and affordable telecommunications devices will propel this area of specialty to new heights.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.